Building up the Female Biker Community

Last night I was browsing on Insta- like I frequently do.. and I came across a post on the Harley Davidson insta feed that has the #HwyRunaways pictured- This is a group of female riders that in short- get to ride around, take photos and rave about how much riding has engaged their lives- from getting to meet others like them, to going to biker family events, to seeing the country on two wheels- you may have seen their article in HOG magazine... anyway- its a rad photo of them hangin with a bike in some sand- all in bikinis or crop tops, one girl in a Harley eagle bodysuit and over the knee boots.  I would die to catch some wind with these rad women.

Here they are #HwyRunaways

 In my opinion they look HOT AF, and on a day that steamy, why wouldn't you strip down out of your gear to cool off and chill out?  PERSONALLY I could rock a crop top and shorts- no problem, Id be a bit hesitant of the body suit, but I also don't have that womens smoking legs!
Enter the haters: Comments like 'sluts' and 'do not represent Harley Riders' and 'is that the new riding gear' all over the place.  Now my issue with this is why are you hating on a group of women, who obviously are comfortable with themselves and their friends (which frequently happens in the Harley community, because everyone is all about bringing you UP not DOWN) having a great time somewhere hot and sunny with their bikes- trying to cool off?
I KNOW that Instagram is as fake as it comes, I do understand and have read the blogs and stories about girls who spend HOURS and DAYS starving and photo taking to get THE Insta picture completely perfect- so in all reality, anything COULD be happening in this picture- but the POINT is to show the sisterhood- show that they are comfortable in their own skin, being bad ass biker babes who don't give a flying fuck.  Again, the biker community is the most loving, caring and genuine group of humans you could ever come across. The ones making these comments are either NOT a part of this community, or they THINK they are because they own a bike.
NEWS FLASH- owning a motorcycle does NOT make you a biker- especially if you have hate in your heart.  Finding a group of women to ride with is a really rare and genuine thing- Being able to share your love of the road, nature, adventure and sisterhood will get you a bit closer to being a part of the biker community- but do not tell ME that you are a biker just because you put 300 miles on your 883 iron this summer. NO. just NO.

check out these pioneer Babes!

Now the MAJOR problem I can't wrap my head around, is how these other women are commenting about how nasty they look or how trashy they make 'other' biker babes look- NO NO NO. What they do doesn't have an impact on YOU at all. NONE - ZERO- ZILCH.  If you feel like representing female bikers by wearing leathers, ok- chains- ok- flannels- what the fuck ever- WHAT YOU WEAR has nothing to do with your moral fiber. This is like telling a woman it was her fault she was raped or harassed because of what she was wearing.  Or that telling a man NO over and over again gives him the right to get violent with you- "its her fault, she could've just said yes" The degradation of Women everywhere is still a daily struggle- WHY ARE YOU CREATING MORE HATE?!
In my mind, it is the same as someone coming up to me to tell me my tattoos make me ugly. OK- thanks for your OPINION, but why would you feel the need to say it out loud? WHY do you have to let EVERYONE KNOW that your 'morals' are so stupendous that you are above dressing like a 'slut'- but you have no problem with judging these women? Your morals are so flawed that its OK to talk down to and degrade and tear down strong independent and sexy women?!
Who's side are you on!?
The female biker community is beginning to grow- FASTER every year- I have been lucky enough to be around the scene for about 10 years- you better believe I have been through some trouble, from having old biker dudes tell me they are going to TAKE MY BIKE from me, because females aren't supposed to ride, to being harassed and heckled, run off the road in Chicago, cornered in bars by assholes who think they can push me around, shunned and hissed at for even thinking I could ride like a guy- and it makes you strive for better- makes you perfect your craft and rise above the nasties.  Today I can tell you without flinching that I AM a better rider than you. I KNOW my limits and my strengths- I was hardened in the heat of battle, and if I want to wear a fucking bathing suit on my bike and rock it out- THEN I WILL- and that doesn't label me, it doesn't label you- and it sure as FUCK doesn't misrepresent the FEMALE BIKER COMMUNITY- the whole point is to be yourself and be comfortable in your own skin and NOT TAKE SHIT from horrible rude people like you.  To come together and create such a strong presence that those men will never heckle or corner me in a bar again- without getting stabbed!  The new female moto community is on the rise- and I can't wait to meet MORE bad ass ladies to ride with. It has never been so accepted, and applauded as it is now- and everyone should be supportive. Period.

Babes on Bikes have always been HOT!
The next time you see  fellow female rider- give her a high five- tell her she rocks- exchange Insta profiles- START A NETWORK of fine fierce moto babes!!  We are out there- you are NEVER alone.
So from the bottom of my heart: FUCK YOU. Take your hate FAR away from MY moto family- and if I ever see you heckling one of my babes- your'e in for an ass beating.
please share your comments


Comments

Unknown said…
Hi amy,
There is only one judge !!
And it ain't those people !!
Ride on!
Proud to call you my freind!

Popular posts from this blog

Tennessee Motorcycle Music Revival was just that.. a spiritual and life affirming Revival.

Ride to Camp tips from the Trippy Trip. =D =D

K A R M A , Tennessee