Even Sales Girls get Vacation once in a while...

In a little under a month, I will be riding my 1200 Nightster, Helena, on a 4000 mile round trip to Corvallis Montana, via St Louis and Denver to pick up and chill with my long lost Babes.  The trip home- through Sturgis for pre-parties, just to flip flop to my Ironhead, Breeze, and fly down to Boogie Farm for the Clam Jam!!
I am so excited.

I can hardly believe it's almost here, and I feel like I got my ticket forever ago! The Rocky Mountain Roll (@rockmtnroll) is obviously a ride to Montana, and through the Northern Rockies.  I'm STOKED as hell to be able to ride my sporty on some good roads!
The gal who puts it on, @blindthistle aka Amanda Zito, is super excited to show us a good time in the mountains, and I intend to have one!  The whole event was designed to highlight women riders, even though it IS a co-ed camp out- the focus started by celebrating women riders and their impact on the motorcycle culture- any motorcycle enthusiast who shares a love for the open road would agree, THIS IS GONNA BE A GOOD ONE.
Hopefully there will be many more new faces, and of course my ride or dies, some old friends to run into, I know a star crossed ex lover and a lovelorn fool might come up in the story line as well.. we just have to see.  No matter what occurs, it's going to be a GREAT story.

So, Helena is going in the shop to get her front end looked at for a probable bearing issue- and I'm trying like hell to get some shocks for her before my trip.
The suspension is original to the 2007, and has about 28K miles on it.
Anyone got a lead on some new suspension?? That I could trade for advertising or marketing? Pictures the WHOLE TRIP of how awesome your suspension is and looks under my ass?  LOL





With or without it, I'm taking my babe Helena, equipped with Michelin Scorchers and a fresh oil change.
My tent, my Shoei and maybe a few changes of clothes... maybe.
Being a trip to the mountains and trees, MUCH different than my trip to the desert last year, I might be able to get away with packing my hammock and just skipping the tent.  It would eliminate the sleeping pad, and much bulk from my Sportster.  With no sissy bar, I will be packing a luggage rack and my Maxpedition back pack for spinal support, my ANCIENT Cortech tank bag (that I really should replace, but it's still holding on.. one zipper pull, one zipper, the soft backing protecting the tank from the strong magnets is peeling off.. but god damned she's made it 11 years with me!)  with all of my necessities.


I have ridden this bike on trips before, and know her touring capacity- I feel like it will be easy enough, since I have learned to survive on the road on very minimal and basic things.
This year, I will also NOT be staying in any hotels.
THATS RIGHT... 4000 miles across the country, and NO MOTELS no hotels and NO B&Bs.. unless they are FREE!!!

So- who's where and who needs a sweet cute girl and her babeliscious com padres to lay over in their yard? or on their couch?

I'm hoping this adds another level of adventure to my trip- since Hotels on the trip to California were nice, and easy, AND I never would have known or paid attention to the salt flats had it not been for the dudes in that hot tub.. I can pay more attention and be OKAY with gas station cell phone charges and portable batteries- really the main reason I needed a building at all on my trip.  Damn cell phone used for EVERYTHING.. But it's perfect.  The pictures should be way better this year too, since I upgraded to the new Google Pixel, and it has the most amazing camera EVER.   Let's just hope I don't drown it..

The trip back from rollin the Rockies will be a little different, heading through Helena Montana- FIRST THING so I can get my baby's picture by a huge sign that has her name on it.. of course.. THEN off to South Dakota to hit a little pre-Sturgis week with at least one of the girls. I've never been through South Dakota... which means, NO I've never been to Sturgis.  Large rallies like the events put on there, are not my cup of tea.  I am into smaller groups, rides or organizations.. THAT MANY DRUNK PEOPLE ON BIKES SCARES THE HOLY LOVING HELL OUT OF ME.
So pre-Sturgis Rally it is!!  And I CANT WAIT!!  Once I get my fill of the shenanigans, I will be heading home Thursday to make the Lynyrd Skynyrd concert at the Fair.. maybe get some sleep in a bed.. maybe.  THEN FRIDAY I'm off to catch some clams so I can get into the Clam Jam!!!

The weekend is guaranteed to be a blast, as it was last year, only now I know more people, so it should be just that much more fun.  Having Breeze there will be a great accomplishment for me as well.. never ever thought she'd ever get done to the point of riding that far.. but she WILL prevail. We WILL make it.. and we WILL party.

I don't know if I will even come back after this one guys... My wanderlust is already making me take 500 mile trips every 2 day weekend I get...  Is there anyone out there that wants to sponsor my life on the road?? CUZ I'm in...



Also taking applications for partners in crime. Hit me up.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tennessee Motorcycle Music Revival was just that.. a spiritual and life affirming Revival.

Ride to Camp tips from the Trippy Trip. =D =D

K A R M A , Tennessee